One of our first posts was this super yummy Strawberry Avocado Salsa recipe. We only have a handful of recipes on the site, but all of them are tried and true favorites. And what better way to add a little love to a summer grill dish than with this mouth-watering savory/sweet salsa.
To start out, you need to grab some fresh strawberries. These were ripe from the patch!
Gather all of the ingredients. (Maybe fresh jalapenos and non wilt-y cilantro would look more appetizing?)
Don’t forget a dash of salt!
Chop up all the fruits and veggies in to small pieces.
Then mix everything together in a bowl and serve.
Seriously, this is one of the easiest and yummiest recipes! It is magically delicious. Like Lucky Charms. Minus the leprechaun.
Strawberry-Avocado Salsa from Cooking Light magazine
4 servings (serving size: 1/4 cup)
• 1 cup finely chopped strawberries
• 1/4 cup finely chopped peeled avocado
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
• 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
• 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon sugar
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; toss gently. Serve immediately with roast chicken, sauteed fish, grilled pork tenderloin or tortilla chips.
You may also like: