When I initially told my husband, Adam, I was going to be doing a post on gift wrapping, he literally laughed out loud. The funny thing was, Adam was not alone in his laughter. My dad also found this to be particularly entertaining news. I am the type of person that gives every gift in a gift bag. No wrapping here. I can barely wrap a present to save my life.
Because this post is about gift wrapping ideas, I informed Adam he would be helping with the wrapping portion and I would do all the embellishing. At that point, he was no longer laughing. Here’s what I came with:
1. Incorporating natural elements provides these gifts with rustic charm. I used some items from my own yard.
2. A multidimensional “Lorax” look was achieved with yarn, burlap and sticks. I found how to make these pom poms on Pinterest.
3. Black, white and read all over. I decoupaged a box with book pages and tied it with twine.
4. This package is right up my alley. If you are also not an origami specialist (I am not) just spray paint a box with chalk board paint. No wrapping evolved. Then grab some chalk and go to town.
5. Placing a single layer book page wreath on top of white wrapping paper has such a simple elegant look any reader would love. Tutorial here.
6. I topped this present with a beautiful tissue paper flower (pom pom). This super easy puff makes a great alternative to the traditional stick down bow.
I did wrap a few of these gifts and they didn’t turn out too bad. I think I should just stick to the embellishing portion.
Do you love the gift tags I used? These are Erin originals. Go here to print out your own.