In my world, there aren’t many things tastier than some crispy bacon. I admit it. I have a bacon obsession. We’ve even be known to host bacon wrapped weekends where we cover pretty much all foods with the savory meat. And since that big football game is quickly approaching, I thought I’d share one of my favorite bacon-y treats: Bacon Wrapped Olives.
I was introduced to these little bundles of goodness a few years ago by one of my besties and we’ve been making them ever since. They are super easy to whip up and require only two ingredients. Bacon and Olives. I prefer to use thick cut bacon, but have enjoyed a variety of olives with these. (They are super good with bleu cheese, garlic, or jalapeno stuffed olives!)
After you cut the bacon into 3rds, wrap each olive with one of the small pieces of bacon and push a toothpick through it to keep everything enclosed.
Then, just pop them into the oven at 400°F and you are just 25 minutes away from heavenly goodness.
I’ve even convinced olive haters to try these salty treats and they have not been disappointed!
Bacon Wrapped Olives from Elizabeth Joan Designs
- 5 Slices of Thick Cut Bacon
- 15 Olives
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Cut each bacon slice into 3 even pieces.
3. Individually wrap each olive with one piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
4. Place olives on prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until desired crispness is achieved.
Looking for more fun party foods? Check out these from the recipe gallery!