Each month we enjoy sharing what is new and changing at Elizabeth Joan Designs. Here is what we have been up to in the month of April:
-Erin and I were finally able to spend some time together this month. You can read all about it here.
-If you are a fellow blogger, we invite to join us in our weekly linkup. Your Designs This Time goes live on Mondays at 8:00am EST. We love to see everyone’s new creations.
-We have reached over 250 Facebook Likes! Thank you everyone for your support!
-We know a lot of you have been working on projects of your own and we would love for you to share them with us at EJD Destination Design!
“It’s given by bloggers to new bloggers as a way to recognize their hard work and also provide a platform to discover new blogs. The word “liebster” is German and means kind, dear, lovely, pleasant, valued, endearing, and welcome.”
The rules are:
1. Thank your Liebster Award presenter…
2. Answer the 11 questions presented to you.
3. Nominate 11 up and coming bloggers for the Liebster Award
4. Provide 11 questions for your nominees to answer and notify them of the nomination.
We are excited to be nominated for this award! We are really honored that so many bloggers thought of us. Thank you Texas Decor, DIY Passion, Little House Of Four, Stripes and Polka Dots, and The Queen And Her Court for nominating and supporting us.
Since we were nominated by five different bloggers we decided to answer two questions from each.This will bring our total to ten, rather than fifty five. We know, we are rule breakers. Real rebels.)
1. When did you first discover the world of blogging?
Emily – I have admired many different blogs for awhile, but it wasn’t until 2012 when I started my first blog. (It flopped!)
Erin – 2005. I started a family blog.
2. Who inspired you the most to start a blog?
Emily – My sister, Erin.
Erin – My daughter.
3. Where did you get the name for your blog?
It is a combo of our middle names Erin Elizabeth and Emily Joan.
4. What gets your creative juices flowing?
Emily – Trash! Garbage! Recyclables! But not the disgusting kind.
Erin – The desire for decor in my house and lack of money to spend frivolously.
5. Are you an early bird or night owl?
Emily – Early Bird!
Erin – Night Owl!
6. What is the craziest thing you have done?
Emily – Have two kids. (It is also one of the greatest things I have ever done.)
Erin – I don’t do crazy.
7. If you could have a dinner party with you and five other guests (dead or alive) who would they be and why?
Emily – I would have myself at age 4, myself at age 20, my current self, future self at age 43, myself the day that I die and Kermit the frog. I just feel like I could really learn a lot from myself and Kermit. (It’s not easy being green.)
Erin – I would never have a dinner with only five people. I like big parties!
8. Is white chocolate really chocolate?
Emily – Nope!
Erin – Only on Thursdays!
9. What is your biggest fear?
Emily – Dieing while my kids are still little and snakes.
Erin – Zombie Apocalypse.
10. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Emily – I would go to Italy, mainly for the food!
Erin – England. It is our heritage and I would like to take my kids there.
And our nominees are:
The 11 questions for our nominees
1. What is the weirdest thing you have done in/for a blog post?
2. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
3. Do you consider yourself a garbage picker?
4. What was your first job ever?
5. What did you do before blogging?
6. How many hours a week do you spend work on your blog?
7. What is your favorite food?
8. What is your favorite color combo?
9. Do you have any hidden talents we should know about? if yes what are they?
10. What is your favorite season?
11. What is your preferred vacation spot and why?